Thursday, March 01, 2007

Bunch of videos

Just when we were starting to get things rolling again, we completely drop the ball and don't post shit for 2 weeks. So to hold you over until we can actually pull together some real news, I figured I'd give you some YouTube goodness. Feel free to bitch about me mailing it in, you know you'll be sending your friends the link 'this awesome Marky Mark video I found."

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, Patrick from FOB can sing. You don't know how much it hurts me to say good things about this band, but after hearing Patrick live (without the other jackasses banging on their guitars in the background), I'm convinced it's their fault this band sounds like shit as a whole. Anyway, don't take my word for it......



In honor of 'The Departed' winning Best Picture, how about some Mark Wahlberg? 30 seconds into this video we have Marky Mark rapping and a trunk full of blow. What else do you need?



Ah, the good old days when Mark and Tom weren't taking themselves so seriously. I love Tom having Travis count out 4 measures for him and Travis basically saying, 'I thought you were going to have me do something hard.'



Brand New playing 'Jesus Christ' from Letterman a few nights ago. This song is great, but pretty painful to watch live.



The Used have a new album coming out soon. I haven't heard it yet, but word on the street is that it sucks. I hope that's not the case, but they definitely took a step down with their second album. I heard a few on the songs at Taste of Chaos and they're not too bad, but 'Handsome Awkward' or 'Pretty Handsome Awkward' (whatever they decide to call it) sounds pretty damn good. There are a lot of live videos of them playing this song, but they all sound like shit. Here's the promo clip for their CD/DVD, which has a little part of the song. Check it.



Sonny has left From First To Last and is going off on his own to start a 'solo career'. They're going to continue as a 4-piece and have signed to Shuretone (with Angels and Airwaves and New Found Glory). I always thought it was cool that they let that Hobbit sing for them. Hopefully his trip back to The Shire inspires him for his solo work. Here's their video for 'Shame, Shame'. (You gotta love that horrid 2 minute shot of Escape The Fate at the end. Is that a serious picture? Jesus, thanks for that Epitaph.)



Jade from AFI's brother is their Tour Manager. He's also opening for them on their current tour.



Would it make you laugh if I told you there was a video on YouTube of 2 kids smashing stuff in front of their trailer as a way of showing how much they hate Green Day? Would it make you laugh harder to hear Korn in the background while they're doing it? This video rules. Oh, and don't forget to listen to good bands like 'Led Zepplin'. This is the youth of our country. Awesome.



- Black -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home