Friday, May 18, 2007

Apparently everything except The Used sucks...

- In the new Bad Religion single 'Honest Goodbye', Professor Graffin uses the word 'transubstantiation'. Even better he uses it in same line as 'supplicate'. I fully understand that this is his thing and that he's been writing songs this way since The Great Depression, but that still doesn't make it ok. Here's some big words for you. Your band is 'old' and your songs are 'boring'. Here's their single. Zzzzzz, just another BR song.



- The Used's new record comes out on Tuesday. I can't remember if I mentioned it yet, but it rules. Wait, I definitely didn't mention it because we suck and don't post anymore. Anyway, you can go listen to the whole thing on their MySpace page. If you don't like it, you have bad taste in music.
Also, dudes were on Kimmel last night. Check that out here: (sorry the quality sucks, but it was only on last night so quit your bitching and be thankful that it's even on youtube at all)



- BLIND ITEM: Following a complete tanking of their first release, what numerically named band has decided to bite the bullet and plays songs from their previous incarnation?
Fuck it. It's +44. Mark decided that since all of his new songs suck, he should go back to playing the good songs from blink. You can't blame him, +44 didn't exactly blow up now did they. Hey Mark, you're opening for Fall Out Boy. You must be very proud of yourself.
I would think Mark's 'punk rock' guitarists wouldn't be down with this. I guess they're down with the paycheck so who cares, right?



- Speaking of being punk rock. Maybe those guys (and you too, poser) should brush up on what it takes to be a punk. Complete 'how-to' here. (http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Punk) So you know, I'm WAY more punk than you'll ever be because I don't care about being punk. So by not caring about being punk rock, I end up being way more punk rock than you. But saying I'm punk rock isn't very punk rock. So what is punk rock? Let me save you some time. The video below has both ends of the spectrum. DJ Rossstar is a fucking tool and is NOT punk rock. However, Jeffree Star is definitely punk rock.



- Tim Armstrong is releasing a solo album and if smoke weed and listen to Eek-A-Mouse you're gonna love it!!! Pretty much every song sounds the same and on top of that he's releasing shitty saturated black and white videos as well. I think I also heard it's all mono, so that's craptacular as well. I'm sure Chainsaw will love it, but dude loves anything put out by Epitaph so no surprise there. The only good thing about it? Skye Sweetnam on 'Into Action', but she's 19 so we'll leave it at that.

- I've been rocking Muse while I wrote this and "Butterflies & Hurricanes" just came on. This band kills and you need to listen to them now. Plus the video for that song is badass. Here it is:



All for now.

Out.

- Black -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home